Kale Salad with Lemon Dressing
Packed with anti-inflammatory properties, antioxidants, and a lion’s share of vitamins, this kale salad is also pleasing to the eye and the palate.
The light, citrusy flavor, combined with the sustaining protein of the garbanzo beans, make it a perfect choice for summertime lunch on the patio.
Serve with crostini or good bread and a glass of good wine to make it a quick, easy and elegant meal. Read more about this recipe in Kale Salad: A Perfect Choice for Lunch.
Kale Salad with Lemon DressingPrint Pin Recipe
- 8 cups kale, washed, stems removed, and torn into small pieces
- 1 can olives, black or Kalamata
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- Juice of two large lemons
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the kale, olives, garbanzo beans, feta and onion in a large bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over salad.
- Toss until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for up to three days, or serve right away.