Garlicky Refrigerator Pickles
Lots of delicious garlic, a little heat, and some bright pop from the vinegar and lemon juice make these garlicky refrigerator pickles stand out. This refrigerator pickle recipe only takes a few minutes to make and is a tasty way to eat more veggies.
We like to eat these refrigerator pickles as a side dish, appetizer, or accouterments to sandwiches, burgers, and BBQ.
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 medium white onion
- 2 oz apple cider vinegar
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp brown mustard seed
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp black peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Thinly slice the cucumbers, onions, and garlic.
- Make the brine by mixing the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, celery, and cumin seeds together with the peppercorns, salt, and sugar.
- Combine the cucumbers, onion, and garlic with the brine and let everything hang out together in the fridge. The pickles are ready to serve after six hours or so, but are best after they've sat overnight.
Refrigerator pickles need to be kept in the refrigerator and are good for a couple of weeks. If brown mustard seed isn't available, substitute yellow or any other mustard seed.
Like this recipe?Follow us @umami_site