Grits with Smoked Gouda
These creamy grits were born for good BBQ. The smoked gouda, paprika, and hickory smoked salt give these grits a rich, zesty flavor that compliments BBQ, rather than gets lost in the woods like most grits.
Grits with Smoked GoudaPrint Pin Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups stock
- 1 cup corn grits
- 1 cup smoked gouda
- 1/3 cup green onions
- 1 tsp hickory smoked salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- A small pinch of baking powder
- In a medium pot bring the stock and water to a boil. Add a small pinch of baking powder and the corn meal. Turn the heat down to low and give everything a good stir with a whisk, making sure to break up all the clumps.
- Cover the pot and let everything cook for five minutes. After five minutes give everything a good stir, cover, and let the grits cook on low for twenty minutes.
- While the grits are cooking mix the salt, pepper, and paprika, shred the cheese and dice the tops of the green onion.
- After twenty minutes turn the heat off, mix in the spices and shredded cheese. Cover the grits and let sit for at least ten minutes. The longer you let them sit, the thicker they will get.
- When you are ready to serve, stir in some of the green onion and use the rest as a garnish.
Check these out for more: