The Big Bad Brisket Sandwich is one of those sandwiches so full of zesty flavors that you’ll dream about it long after your first taste.
This sandwich is all about tender brisket, tangy BBQ sauce, and pepper jack cheese getting together to have a good time on some Texas Toast.
You can use any good brisket for these sandwiches, but our favorite way to make them is using our Sous Vide Brisket recipe because it produces this supple, smoky brisket that is easy to slice thin.
- 4 oz thinly sliced brisket
- 2 slices Texas Toast
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 slices Red onion
- BBQ Sauce
- Slice four ounces of brisket as thin as you can from a cooked brisket. Butter two slices of Texas Toast, on both sides, grab a couple of thin slices off a red onion, and two slices of pepper jack cheese.
- Add a little oil to a flat bottomed pan set over medium-high heat. Add in the sliced brisket and the onion, flipping them occasionally.
- In the same pan toast the Texas Toast, trying not to get your tongue twisted. When the first side is golden brown, flip each slice over, and add the cheese.
- Once the other side of the Texas Toast is toasted, remove the bread from the pan, pile on the brisket and the onion and top everything off with a good squirt of BBQ sauce.
- To serve cut the sandwich in half and go to town.