Sous Vide Beef Brisket
Sous Vide is a great way to cook beef brisket because it creates a tender medium-rare brisket full of rich, interesting flavors that fall apart in your mouth.
What makes this sous vide brisket recipe so delicious is how the long cooking time makes everything incredibly tender while the low temperature keeps everything medium rare. This is the type of recipe where sous vide stands out and gives you a dish you couldn’t get with other cooking methods.
A big advantage to cooking brisket sous vide is how it locks in the brisket’s juices and flavors. The liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, and smoked paprika team up in this recipe to give the brisket a deep smokey flavor, while the sous vide creates a supple texture without having the brisket fall apart.
This Sous Vide Brisket recipe is a great way to feed big groups of people something interesting and unique. If you need more information about how to cook sous vide read our article on Getting Started Cooking with Sous Vide.
Sous Vide BrisketPrint Pin Recipe
- Start by rubbing the brisket down with a mixture of liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a small dish mix the smoked paprika, garlic, onion, and mustard powders with the salt and pepper. Rub the spice mixture all over the brisket.
- Seal everything up in a bag and drop the brisket into a 133℉ bath for 48 hours.
- Finish the brisket on a medium-high grill for 8 to 10 minutes, turning the brisket regularly. The goal is to get a nice char on the brisket without overcooking the meat and not letting the drippings light up like a roman candle.
- To serve thinly slice the brisket. This sous vide brisket is particularly excellent with a nice BBQ sauce.
- On the rare occasion when there are leftovers, we like to make Big Bad Brisket Sandwiches.