This Blueberry Lemonade recipe makes a lemonade that is sweet and tart with refreshing summer flavors and a beautiful violet color.
There are a couple of ways to make blueberry lemonade, for this recipe we chose to muddle the blueberries with some of the sugar, instead of going through all the work of creating a blueberry simple syrup. We think this is quicker and easier, which is always a good thing when you’re making a refreshing summer drink.
Blueberry LemonadePrint Pin Recipe
- 5 lemons
- 1-1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- Start by rolling the lemons under the palm of your hand a few times on a cutting board. This helps soften them up and makes it easier to get the juice out.
- Cut the lemons in half, saving half of one lemon as a garnish. Juice the rest of the lemons. You should have around 1-1/4 cups of lemon juice.
- Use a large spoon to muddle 1 cup of blueberries with a 1/2 cup of sugar, to create a blueberry slurry.
- In a pitcher combine the blueberry slurry with the remaining sugar, lemon juice, and 7 cups of water, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Chill the lemonade for 15 to 30 minutes to let the flavors come together.
- Slice the lemon half into rounds and use it with the remaining 1/4 cup of blueberries as a garnish.
- Serve the Blueberry Lemonade over ice.