Cranberry Oatmeal Walnut Cookies
At the Henry Ford Bungalow, guests are greeted with a plate of tender oatmeal cookies, baked from scratch by long-time Pequaming resident and manager, Therese Korpi, who contributed this cranberry oatmeal cookie recipe.
Plump, tangy cranberries and earthy walnuts fill these palm-sized treats, making these cookies the perfect anecdote to a tall glass of lemonade.
Nibble slowly—make it last—and pretend you are lounging in a white rocking chair on the Bungalow’s covered porch, watching a blazing sunset dip into the Keweenaw Bay.
Read more about the Henry Ford Bungalow in the Sleepover: The Keweenaw Bay in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
Cranberry Oatmeal Walnut CookiesPrint Pin Recipe
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ c light brown sugar, heaped and packed until rounded
- ¾ c sugar
- 1 c butter-flavored Crisco
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cups dried cranberries
- 2 oz chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon into a bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugars and Crisco with an electric mixer on low speed. Add eggs and egg white. Beat mixture on medium speed for two minutes until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and blend.
- Add flour mixture, beating on low speed until smooth. Stir in oats, walnuts, and cranberries and mix until all ingredients are incorporated, and the dough is sticky.
- Using a tablespoon, space dough evenly on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes and let stand for one minute before transferring to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Serve with a glass of lemonade or hot tea or coffee and enjoy!