Smoked Duck Breast
Gently smoked duck breasts have a rich smokey flavor that highlights the duck’s natural goodness, creating a perfect dish for nice dinners.
The key to smoking duck breasts is making sure you smoke them long enough to cook them all the way through, but not so long that they become tired and rubbery.
Developing this recipe, we found that smoking the duck at 250ºF for around an hour produced succulent medium-rare duck breasts. The duck ends up having an almost luxurious taste that melts in your mouth.
This recipe uses thyme to highlight the flavors in the duck and smoked paprika to accentuate the smoking process. During testing we used apple and hickory wood chips for smoking, each producing equally delicious duck.
Some dishes that would taste great with this recipe are Simple Italian Risotto, Creamed Corn, and Wild Rice with Butternut Squash and Dried Cherries.
Smoked Duck BreastPrint Pin Recipe
- 2 duck breasts
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Mince the thyme and mix it with the smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the spice mixture on the duck, making sure to cover both sides.
- Smoke the duck at 250ºF for 60 to 70 minutes. For medium rare, the duck should be somewhere between 145ºF to 150ºF when you take it out of the smoker.
- Let the duck rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.