Maple Cinnamon Bundt Cake
With warm spice flavors and a soft, crumbly texture this bundt cake can be served as a coffee cake, dessert, or breakfast treat.
This maple cinnamon bundt cake has warm spice flavors and a soft, crumbly texture that make it one of our favorite dessert recipes.
The maple syrup and cinnamon create a cake with a light crumb and layers of flavor that make it ideal for serving as a coffee cake, dessert, or breakfast treat.
Bundt is Beautiful
One of the best things about using a bundt pan when you’re baking a cake is how beautiful they look when they come out of the pan. Whether you use a regular bundt pan with its distinctive fluted edges or one with an intricate design a good bundt cake can be as much a presentation piece as it is a dessert.
Bundt cakes round shape and center chimney create more surface area than is possible with a traditional cake pan, helping cakes to bake evenly and making them ideal for finishing with glazes.
Our maple cinnamon cake is finished with a glaze that highlights the cake’s flavors while creating a crunchy texture on the outside that is lightly coated with powdered sugar to create a stunning presentation.
Helpful Baking Tips
A few helpful tips when you’re baking this cake. Make sure to use real maple syrup, rather than imitation, because it tastes better and there’s no reason to add in all sorts of artificial ingredients when you don’t have too.
We found that baking the cake at 325ºF, rather than the standard 350ºF, produces a moister cake without sacrificing the crispy texture we like on the outside.
We also found that it helps to coat the cake pan with a baking spray and flour right before the batter is added to the pan. Sometimes when the pan was floured early, it created spots where the cake stuck to the pan.
This recipe is designed for a 9-inch pan but can be increased or decreased based on the size of the pan being used.
When we’re serving this cake as a dessert, we like to top it with a little Maple Whipped Cream along with a small drizzle of maple syrup and a pot of freshly brewed coffee. For more scrumptious cake recipes like this one check out Umami’s Dessert section.
Maple Cinnamon Bundt CakePrint Pin Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, 2 sticks, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup milk
- flour for dusting the pan
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp confectioner sugar
- Heat the oven to 325ºF (163ºC).
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Once they’ve been creamed, beat in the eggs one at a time, adding the maple syrup at the end.
- In a large bowl, fold the dry ingredients and the milk into the wet ingredients, alternating between the two.
- Before pouring the cake into the bundt pan coat it with a baking spray and a light coating of flour.
- Pour the batter into the pan, smoothing the top to make sure it sits evenly when it comes out.
- Bake for 1¼ hours or until the cake tests done.
- While the cake bakes, make the glaze by warming the maple syrup, cinnamon, and water in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir the glaze until it starts to thicken, which usually takes between 5 to 10 minutes. Once it thickens, remove it from the heat and set aside.
- When the cake is done baking, immediately unmold the cake onto a cake rack and apply the warm glaze with a pastry brush to the top and sides of the cake until it is all absorbed. It helps to set a baking sheet under the cake rack to catch any wayward glaze
- After the cake has cooled, give it a light dusting of confectioners sugar.
Making the Cake
Here are a few images and some more tips for baking a delicious bundt cake.
Check these out for more: