Three Stick Cinnamon Gelato
With its deep creamy texture and rich cinnamon flavors, this gelato recipe is a treat for cinnamon lovers that also makes a fantastic topping for pies, crisps, and cakes.
Three Stick Cinnamon GelatoPrint Pin Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 1 quart
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Start by separating the eggs, setting the yolks aside. Then scald the milk, cinnamon sticks, and ground cinnamon together over low heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together.
- Slowly mix about half of the milk mixture into the bowl with eggs and sugar. Then pour the egg and milk mixture back into the rest of the milk on the stove.
- Continue stirring the mixture over low heat until it has thickened enough you can draw a line on the back of a spoon. Usually around 20 to 25 minutes. Do not let the mixture come to a boil.
- Refrigerate for at least six hours, but preferably overnight. Remove the cinnamon sticks and then run the mixture through an ice cream maker.