French Toast with Maple Whip Cream
[adinserter name="Under Title - Ezoic 108"]
This French Toast recipe uses soft French bread and grated orange peel to create thick slices of toast with a subtle hint of orange that is topped with maple whipped cream.
The maple whip cream compliments the orange and the thicker slices of toast as if they were long lost friends.
This French Toast is an easy breakfast to make on weekends mornings and for special occasions.
French Toast with Maple Whip CreamPrint Pin Recipe
- 1 loaf soft French bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 dashes cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tbsp orange peel, fresh grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- Start by whisking the eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt and orange peel together in a large bowl. Cut the bread into inch to inch and half slices. If you want to be fancy cut them on a bias for a great presentation.
- To make the topping, use a mixer to whip the heavy cream, sugar, and maple syrup together until it has started to come together into thick peaks.
- To cook the French Toast heat a large skillet or similar pan on medium high heat. Dip the pieces of bread into the batter, flipping them over to coat both sides. When you take them out of the batter, hold them over the bowl for a second to get rid of any excess batter. The best way to cook these is in batches with each piece going immediately from the batter to the pan.
- Cook each piece for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until they reach a nice golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup and whip cream.