Mint Dark Chocolate No-Churn Ice Cream
This mint dark chocolate no-churn ice cream recipe comes with a warning that once you make it, your family might beg daily for this rendition of a traditional mint chocolate chip ice cream.
Adding mint to the dark chocolate adds another layer of flavor, while the creaminess of the ice cream stacks up against and may be even better than any store-bought version.
Read more about making no-churn ice creams in No-Churn Ice Cream: The Flavor of Fleeting Summer Days.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 3 tablespoons mint extract
Dark Chocolate Mix-In
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 2 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp mint extract
- Prepare the dark chocolate by combining the chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until just melted (about 30 seconds). Add mint extract; stir until smooth and set aside to cool.
- For the ice cream, whip the heavy cream, food coloring (optional) and mint extract with a high-speed blender until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in sweetened condensed milk with a spatula.
- Spoon into a container. Drizzle with the dark chocolate, cover and freeze for a minimum of four hours.
- Garnish with fresh mint.