Light, fluffy, and flavorful – everything you need in a buttermilk pancake recipe
Soft, fluffy buttermilk pancakes with warm maple syrup are a great way to start the morning.
This buttermilk pancake recipe makes delicious, light golden-brown pancakes with a hint of cinnamon.
How to Make the Fluffiest Buttermilk Pancakes
The great thing about using buttermilk for pancakes is that it provides a lot more flavor than regular milk.
The buttermilk also works in tandem with the baking soda to help create light airy pancakes.
What makes these pancakes so light and fluffy is using both baking powder and baking soda. It also helps if you give them a whisk, right before pouring the batter onto the griddle.
What makes this pancake recipe so tasty is adding cinnamon and a touch of salt to the batter – making the pancakes amazingly flavorful.
A tip to help tell when the pancakes should be flipped is to watch for bubbles to start forming in the batter.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted and melted
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and the eggs.
- Stir the wet ingredients into a large bowl with the dry ingredients, adding in the melted butter. Mix everything until it is just combined, don’t worry if there are a few small lumps leftover. Let the batter sit while the griddle warms up.
- Cook the pancakes on a 350℉ griddle, using a 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook the pancakes by pouring the batter onto the griddle, flipping the pancakes after 3 minutes or so of cooking. The pancakes are done when they are a nice golden brown and have cooked all the way through.
- Serve with butter and warm maple syrup.
Umami is an online food and travel magazine for the curious cook that helps people explore the world and expand their taste through stories and recipes.
Use our tasty search to look for delicious content by ingredient, meal, technique, and more….