Potato Leek Soup
This potato leek soup recipe is easy to make, has great flavor, and is blended for a silky, smooth texture.
- 3 large leeks, cut lengthwise (use only the white and pale green parts, discard the rest)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced into cubes
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook leeks in butter with salt and pepper. For the best results, cook on low for 10 minutes and cover. Stir often and make sure that the leeks don’t burn, this will ruin the taste of your soup!
- Once the leeks are cooked, add water, broth, and potatoes. Allow the mixture to simmer for 20 minutes. Check often and stir, then add the parsley, tobacco sauce and thyme.
- Remove the soup from the burner and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Then, scoop half of your soup into a blender and puree until the potatoes are smooth. Pour your pureed soup into a separate bowl and repeat this process until you are done. You can also use an immersion blender.
- Garnish with a handful of fresh, chopped parsley for each soup bowl. Enjoy!
Hungry for More?Follow us @umami_site