Grilled Garlic Bread with Cheese
This grilled garlic bread recipe uses basil and mozzarella to create a cheesy garlic bread filled with scrumptious summer flavors.
Grilled garlic bread is a nice treat and a great side dish that goes well with steaks, salads, and just about everything else from the grill.
- 1/2 loaf soft French bread
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup basil, minced
- Cut a half a loaf of French bread lengthwise.
- Mince the garlic clove and mash it with the butter in a small bowl. Let the garlic and butter sit for a few minutes for the flavors to come together.
- Spread the garlic butter on the bread. Tear the mozzarella into small pieces and mince the basil
- Place the bread butter side down on a hot grill for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip the bread over and place it crust side down on a cool part of the grill. Add the basil and mozzarella, close the lid, and use indirect heat to melt the cheese.
- Depending on the type of mozzarella and how hot the grill is it usually takes between 8 to 12 minutes for the cheese to melt.
- Take the bread off the grill and slice before serving.