Grilled Green Beans with Goat Cheese
These grilled green beans have a little char, crispy shallots, and lots of flavor that will give whatever else you have on the grill a run for its money.
Try serving them alongside Lamb Burgers with Grilled Shallots and Goat Cheese or Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Fresh Herbs.
Grilled Green Beans with Goat CheesePrint Pin Recipe
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 small shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- Start by washing and breaking the green beans into bite size pieces. Since everything will be cooked in a grill pan, it's important to keep everything in large enough pieces that they don't fall through the pan and into the bottom of the grill.
- Cut the red pepper lengthwise into bite-sized pieces, slice the shallot into long thin pieces, and thinly slice the garlic. Put the green beans, pepper, shallots and garlic into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix 1 tbsp of the lemon juice, the olive oil, 1/2 tsp of salt, ground pepper, and smoked paprika together. Pour the lemon juice mixture in with the green beans and mix thoroughly. Let everything sit together for 5 to 10 minutes for the flavors to come together.
- Coat a grill pan lightly with oil and place it on a medium grill. Let the pan warm up for few minutes before adding the beans to the pan. Once you add the beans to the pan, you'll want to mix everything up with tongs every five minutes or so until everything is cooked through. This helps to even the char out among the beans.
- It should take 12 to 15 minutes to grill the beans. The dish is best when you get a little char on everything and get the shallots nice and crispy!
- When you take the beans off mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice and a 1/4 tsp of salt with the beans. Before serving add the goat cheese in chunks to the top of the beans.