Grilled flatbread has never been easier when you use Naan as the base. A miscellany of flavorful, high-quality ingredients makes this a simple and yet sophisticated weeknight dinner for the backyard patio.
Any good balsamic vinegar will work in this recipe.
Read more about the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in this recipe in Northfield Olive Oils and Vinegars: Chemistry, Geography, and Making the Leap.
- Naan bread, available at most grocery stores
- 2 Black Mission figs
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, diced
- Four garlic cloves, crushed and diced
- Good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 oz goat cheese
- 2 oz prosciutto, julienned
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cups Arugula lettuce, washed
- 2 tbsp Black Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium.
- In a pan, sauté garlic and olives in extra virgin olive oil until garlic is tender. Set aside.Four garlic cloves, Good Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 cup Kalamata olives
- Cut figs in half and place on foil; drizzle with olive oil and Black Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar. Wrap in foil and grill until slightly soft—about 3-5 minutes. Allow to cool until able to handle, then slice into ¼ inch pieces. Set aside.2 Black Mission figs
- Turn grill down to low heat.
- Brush two pieces of Naan on both sides with olive oil. On each flatbread, spread olive and garlic mixture evenly. Add goat cheese, figs, and prosciutto.Naan bread, 3 oz goat cheese, 2 oz prosciutto
- Place both flatbreads on the grill and heat until bread is toasted and the goat cheese is melted about 3- 5 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and top with Arugula and pine nuts. Drizzle with Black Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar and serve.¼ cup pine nuts, 2 cups Arugula lettuce, 2 tbsp Black Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar