Made right turkey burgers can be wonderful burgers, moist and tender, full of flavor, and just as good as any beef burger. To make a good turkey burger, you need to be able to add moisture and flavor without overpowering the turkey.
This healthy turkey burger recipe is a nice alternative and has fewer calories than regular beef burgers without skimping on the flavor.
This recipe keeps the burgers nice and moist by adding onion and garlic along with a little bit of Worcestershire and BBQ sauce. Adding the sauces helps to hold the burgers together and keeps the turkey from drying out. If you’re looking for a delicious burger with a lighter flavor profile give these burgers a try.
Turkey BurgersPrint Pin Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- Start by finely mincing the onion and garlic. In a large bowl mix the onion, garlic, salt, pepper, Worcestershire and BBQ sauces together with the ground turkey. Make sure to get everything mixed together to distribute the flavors.
- Using your hands, form four or five patties about an inch thick.
- Grill the burgers on a medium-high grill for six to seven minutes a side. With ground turkey, you want to make sure the burgers are cooked all the way through, but not so long they become hockey pucks.
- Once the burgers have finished cooking, serve them with your favorite burger toppings.