Turkey BurgersThis grilled turkey burger recipe keeps everything nice and moist by adding a little Worcestershire and BBQ sauce
Grilled turkey burgers can be wonderful, moist and tender, full of flavor, and just as good as any burger that started as a cow. The secret to making a good turkey burger is being able to add moisture and flavor without overpowering the turkey.
If you’re looking for a delicious burger with a lighter flavor profile throw a few of these on the grill and invite a few friends over for dinner.
Grilling Turkey Burgers
This easy turkey burger recipe keeps the burgers nice and moist by adding onion and garlic along with a little bit of Worcestershire and BBQ sauce.
Grilling turkey burgers is just as easy as grilling other types of burgers. A few tips include:
- Using a medium-high grill that has been preheated.
- Making sure the burger is compacted enough that it holds together.
- Cooking the burgers for 5 to 7 minutes per side to make sure they’re cooked all the way through.
For more tips on grilling burgers read Tips for Tasty Grilled Burgers.
Adding the sauces helps to hold the burgers together and keeps the turkey from drying out while adding flavors that compliment the char from the grill.
It’s worth noting that these burgers need to be cooked all the way through and that medium-rare turkey is a bad idea.
These burgers are a nice healthy alternative and have fewer calories than regular beef burgers without skimping on the flavor.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- Start by finely mincing the onion and garlic. In a large bowl mix the onion, garlic, salt, pepper, Worcestershire and BBQ sauces together with the ground turkey. Make sure to get everything mixed together to distribute the flavors.
- Using your hands, form four or five patties about an inch thick.
- Grill the burgers on a medium-high grill for six to seven minutes a side. With ground turkey, you want to make sure the burgers are cooked all the way through, but not so long they become hockey pucks.
- Once the burgers have finished cooking, serve them with your favorite burger toppings.
Check these out for more: