Ground buffalo (bison) is a great choice for delicious burgers. The lean meat and rich flavors create burgers with some extra zip that helps them stand out from regular burgers.
The secret to this burger recipe is using a little Worcestershire and BBQ sauce to add moisture that holds the buffalo together while deepening the burgers’ flavor.
Buffalo BurgersPrint Pin Recipe
- 1 lb ground buffalo
- 1/4 cup white onion , minced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- Finely mince the onion and garlic. Place the ground buffalo in a bowl with the onion, garlic, Worcestershire and BBQ sauces, salt, and pepper.
- Use your hands to mix everything together like you're giving someone you like a good back rub, making sure the seasoning gets spread evenly through the buffalo.
- To form the burgers, split the mixture into fourths and use your hands to form patties.
- Using your thumbs create a small depression in the top of the burgers; this will help them keep their shape on the grill.
- Grill the burgers on a medium to medium-high grill for six minutes, flip and cook for another five to six minutes or until the burgers have the desired level of doneness.