Bacon Bourbon BBQ Burgers
This Bacon Bourbon BBQ Burger recipe rocks out with just the right combination of bacon and burger that gets its delicious flavors from a tangy Bacon Bourbon BBQ Sauce.
So many bacon burger recipes go overboard on the bacon, creating burgers that taste gummy and are dripping with bacon fat. This burger recipe is different; it strikes a balance between the amount of bacon and amount of ground beef to create burgers with a smooth texture and rich, smoky flavor.
We love to serve these burgers with melted Swiss cheese, topped with a little squirt of BBQ sauce, and a couple of bacon slices. If you really want to go all out add some grilled mushrooms.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 strips of bacon
- 1/3 cup Bacon Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Dice the bacon and mix it with the ground beef, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Using your hands combine the burger and the seasonings until the sauce is fully incorporated.
- Divide the mixture into fourths and form patties. To help the burgers cook up flat, create a small depression in the top of the burger patties.
- Grill the burgers on medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes a side.
- Bacon Bourbon BBQ Burgers are best served on a toasted bun with a couple of slices of bacon and melted Swiss cheese on top.
- It also helps if there’s a little pick me up of bourbon on the side.