Grilled BBQ Shrimp
Making BBQ shrimp on the grill is an easy way to make amazing shrimp. These shrimp are plump and juicy, with great BBQ flavor running deep through every bite.
Marinating the shrimp in BBQ sauce before grilling them lets the flavors from the BBQ sauce seep into the shrimp. Adding the lemon juice and olive oil helps flavor the shrimp and helps keep the shrimp from sticking to the grill.
Any good BBQ sauce will work for this recipe but we prefer our Old No. 44 BBQ Sauce with just the right level of heat and a hint of sweetness.
One secret to great grilled shrimp is to cook them over low heat with their shells still on. The shells help keep the shrimp plump and juicy, while the low heat cooks everything evenly.
These shrimp work great as a main dish for a meal or as an appetizer for a party.
- 1 pound shrimp 16 to 20 count
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Start by deveining the shrimp, making sure to leave the shells on.
- Mix the shrimp, lemon juice, and olive oil in a bowl, making sure to coat all the shrimp. Add the BBQ sauce and let everything marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Grill the shrimp on low heat for 7 to 10 minutes, flipping half-way through.
- Serve with a small bowl of BBQ sauce for dipping.
Check these out for more: