Grilled BBQ Shrimp
Making BBQ shrimp on the grill is an easy way to make amazing shrimp. These grilled BBQ shrimp are plump and juicy, with great BBQ flavor running deep through every bite.
BBQ Shrimp Marinade
The best thing we’ve found to marinate BBQ shrimp is a good homemade BBQ sauce. Marinating the shrimp in BBQ sauce before grilling lets the flavors from the BBQ sauce seep into the shrimp. Any good BBQ sauce will work for this recipe but we prefer our Old No. 44 BBQ Sauce with just the right level of heat and a hint of sweetness.
Adding the lemon juice and olive oil before the BBQ sauce helps flavor the shrimp and helps keep them from sticking to the grill.
One secret to great BBQ grilled shrimp is to cook them over low heat with their shells still on. The shells help keep the shrimp plump and juicy, while the low heat cooks everything evenly.
These shrimp work great as a main dish for a meal or as an appetizer for a party. If you’re serving them as a main course serve them some Grilled Corn on the Cob and some delicious Couscous with Roasted Red Peppers and Feta.
Grilled BBQ Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp 16 to 20 count
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Start by deveining the shrimp, making sure to leave the shells on.1 pound shrimp 16 to 20 count
- Mix the shrimp, lemon juice, and olive oil in a bowl, making sure to coat all the shrimp. Add the BBQ sauce and let everything marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.3/4 cup BBQ sauce, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil
- Grill the shrimp on low heat for 7 to 10 minutes, flipping half-way through.
- Serve with a small bowl of BBQ sauce for dipping.
Umami is an online food and travel magazine for the curious cook that helps people explore the world and expand their taste through stories and recipes.
Use our tasty search to look for delicious content by ingredient, meal, technique, and more….