Grilled Sweet Potatoes
Grilled sweet potatoes in foil are a delicious summer dish that is easy to make any time the grill is going
Maple syrup, sweet potatoes, and the grill are a magical combination. Grilled sweet potatoes are a delicious summer side dish that is easy to make any time the grill is going.
What makes this grilled sweet potato recipe work is by cooking the potatoes in foil on the grill you get a nice soft interior without heating up the house and by finishing them over the fire you get the flavor from the grill and a crispy exterior.
It helps to have a flat grill pan for grilling vegetables and smaller things that like to fall through the grate.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, (about 4 cups)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Wash and slice the sweet potatoes into rounds. If you're working with really large sweet potatoes, cut the rounds in half to make them easier to eat.
- In a small bowl microwave the butter to soften it up. Add the maple syrup, salt, chili powder, and pepper to the butter; mixing everything together to create a sauce. Mix the sauce and the sweet potatoes together.
- Lay out a large sheet of heavy aluminum foil, place the potatoes in the center of the foil. Fold the edges of the foil over the potatoes like you're wrapping a gift to create a nice package to cook everything.
- Grill the package of sweet potatoes on medium heat for 25 minutes, flipping it every ten minutes or so. The package should be completely sealed up to keep the moisture inside.
- The sweet potatoes will be done when they are cooked all the way through and are soft to the touch.
- To finish the potatoes grill them on a flat grill pan on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes a side, until they're crispy on the outside.