Roast Turkey Breast with Maple Bourbon Glaze
The sweet tang in maple syrup and bourbon come together to create a scrumptious glaze that is absolutely delicious in this roast turkey breast recipe.
If you want better tasting turkey use spices that compliment the turkey’s natural flavors and a glaze to lock in its moisture. This recipe uses both, along with a maple bourbon wash, to create a turkey that has delicious flavor in each and every bite.
This turkey recipe is a great choice for smaller Thanksgivings, or anytime you want something delicious.
One tip when you’re roasting a whole turkey or turkey breast is to cook it covered until it’s around three-quarters of the way cooked. Covering the turkey in foil helps prevent it from drying out and the skin from getting too tough.
Roast Turkey Breast with Maple Bourbon GlazePrint Pin Recipe
- 3 lb turkey breast
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
Maple Bourbon Glaze
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp butter
- In a small bowl combine 1 tbsp of bourbon and a 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup. Pour the mixture on to the turkey and massage it in, making sure to get it under the skin.
- In another bowl mix the mustard and chili powders with the salt and pepper. Spread the dry rub on the turkey making sure to get it into all the nooks and crannies.
- Place the turkey in a roasting pan, cover with foil, and roast in a 400ºF oven for 40 minutes. Prepare the glaze while the turkey cooks.
- In a small pan melt the butter on a low simmer, add in a 1/3 cup of bourbon, and 3 tbsp of maple syrup. Stir the glaze occasionally as it reduces. Once the glaze has started to thicken, which usually takes around 10 minutes, use a brush to paint the glaze on the turkey.
- Continue glazing the turkey every 10 to 15 minutes until the glaze is gone. There should be enough to glaze the turkey three or four times.
- Roast the turkey until it has reached 160ºF in the thickest part of the breast. Take the turkey out and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes to allow it to come to temperature.
- To serve the turkey cut along the bone to remove the breast and then slice across the breast, so each slice has some of the glaze.