White Cheddar and Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
White Cheddar and Horseradish Mashed Potatoes put boring mashed potatoes in their place by using horseradish, white cheddar cheese, and shallots to create creamy, cheesy, mashed potatoes with real zest.
We generally use prepared horseradish for this recipe, if you are using horseradish sauce add an extra tsp.
This recipe will work whether you like your mashed potatoes lumpy or smooth, so mash them the way you want and don’t listen to any back seat cooks telling you that you’re doing it wrong.
White Cheddar and Horseradish Mashed PotatoesPrint Pin Recipe
- 3 lbs Yukon gold potatoes
- 8 oz white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp horseradish
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Start by washing the potatoes and cutting them into large chunks. Cook the cut up potatoes by placing them into a large pot filled with water. Turn the heat on high and cook them for 25 to 30 minutes. The potatoes will be done when you can easily push a fork into them.
- While the potatoes are cooking shred the cheese and mince the shallot and garlic. Sauté the shallot and garlic in one tablespoon of butter for a couple of minutes.
- When the potatoes have finished cooking drain the water and then add the horseradish, milk, cheese, salt, pepper, remaining butter, and sautéed shallots and garlic to the potatoes.
- Then mash away until the potatoes have reached your preferred consistency.
Check these out for more: