This Korean BBQ chicken wing recipe is full of ginger, garlic, and the deep umami flavors that make Korean BBQ so delicious. These chicken wings only take a few minutes to prep, making this recipe perfect as a main course, party food, or late night snack.
The marinade in this recipe is our take on a traditional Korean BBQ marinade that is a little sweet, a little salty, with a ton of ginger and garlic. The combination of these flavors and soy sauce are a part of what makes Korean BBQ one of the world’s great BBQ cultures.
To make these Korean BBQ chicken wings easy to make at home we roast them in the oven using a broiler pan. Setting the wings on a broiler pan, skin side up, keeps the wings from getting too sticky while letting the outside get nice and crispy. Using the oven makes the wings healthier and a lot easier to cook than trying to fry them.
A couple of tips when using this marinade, which is equally delicious on beef and pork, make sure whatever you’re marinating sits in the sauce for at least an hour, we often let things marinate overnight. Also, occasionally turn whatever is being marinated over to make sure the flavors are evenly distributed.
Korean BBQ Chicken WingsPrint Pin Recipe
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 3 to 4 green onions, chopped
- Pinch of pepper
- To make the marinade, start by mincing the ginger and garlic and dicing the green onions.
- In a small pan, toast the sesame seeds for a couple of minutes over medium heat. Make sure to keep the seeds moving while they’re in the pan, so they toast evenly and don’t burn. The seeds are done when they’ve browned a little and have a nice toasted smell to them.
- In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, sesame seeds, and green onions, along with a pinch of black pepper.
- Let the marinade sit for 15 minutes or so before pouring it over the chicken wings. Make sure to mix the wings and marinade up, so it’s evenly distributed. Let the wings marinate for at least an hour before cooking them. The longer they marinate, the more flavor they’ll absorb.
- Place the wings on a broiler pan with the skin side up in a 350ºF oven for 30 minutes. The wings are done when they turn a nice deep golden brown and are cooked all the way through.