Making ginger white rice in an Instant Pot is an easy way to add tons of flavor to rice, making it a much tastier companion for stir fry, seafood, and other dishes where the rice is on center stage.
One of the biggest complaints about white rice is how boring and bland it can be, which is why so many people think of it as a filler that comes along with the rest of a dish, rather than something they want to eat.
This is especially true with stir-fry dishes where people end up eating around the rice to get to the good stuff.
In this recipe, we add some ginger, green onion, and a little butter to transform the rice, adding interesting flavors that complement Asian inspired dishes.
Cooking the rice in an Instant Pot ensures that the rice comes out light and fluffy every time and that it can easily be made while the rest of dinner is being prepped and cooked.
This recipe can be halved if you’re making rice for one or two people or doubled if you’re making rice for a big group.
To prevent the rice from getting sticky, make sure to fluff it lightly with a spoon right before serving.
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp ginger, minced or grated
- 4 green onions, diced
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- Mince the ginger and dice the green onions, keeping the white part and the green part separate.
- Add the chicken stock, water, rice, ginger, butter, salt and the white part of green onions to the pot. Turn your Instant Pot to the rice setting and set the cooking time for 12 minutes.
- Give everything a good stir, cover, and let your Instant Pot work its magic.
- The rice is done once it’s finished cooking and is ready to serve; it also can be left on the stay warm setting for another 30 to 45 minutes while the rest of dinner is being made.
- When you’re ready to serve the rice, remove the cover and fluff the rice up with a spoon, stirring in the tops of the diced green onions.