Instant Pot Mexican Rice
[adinserter name="Under Title - Ezoic 108"]
Using an Instant Pot to make Mexican rice is a quick and an easy way to make a healthy and delicious side dish that goes perfectly with tacos, burritos, and enchiladas.
A lot of recipes use the terms Mexican and Spanish rice interchangeably. The biggest difference between this Mexican Rice recipe and our Spanish Rice recipe, besides cooking method, is that this recipe builds its flavor profile around the delicious Mexican flavors in the roasted green chilies, cilantro, and cumin.
One of the things Instant Pots are exceptionally good at is cooking rice, especially dishes like this that include lots of additional ingredients that can get messy when you’re making rice on the stove.
This rice dish has become a staple around our house when we want something healthy and filling to go along with a main dish that has Southwestern or Mexican flavors. It’s particularly good with Shredded Chicken Enchiladas and Classic American Tacos.
Instant Pot Mexican RicePrint Pin Recipe
- 1 cup white rice
- 4 green onions
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 4 oz can roasted green chilies, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Finely dice the green onions, separating the white and green parts of the onions.
- Turn the Instant Pot on and turn it to the rice setting. Once it heats up sauté the green chilies and the white part of the green onions for a couple of minutes in a little olive oil. Drain the tomatoes and add them along with the stock, cilantro, green chilies, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the rice, give everything a good stir. Set the Instant Pot’s rice setting to 12 minutes, secure the lid, and let the rice cook. When the rice has finished cooking release the pressure and give the rice a good stir to mix everything up.
- Mix the tops of the green onions into the rice, saving a few to use as a garnish on top of the rice.
[adinserter name="Content Bottom - Ezoic 634"]