Tender & Delicious Instant Pot Pot ROastHere are a few tips to make your next pot roast tender, flavorful, and delicious
It’s easy to make a tender and delicious pot roast when you use an Instant Pot pressure cooker.
Cooking the pot roast under pressure helps everything cook faster and the meat to turn out so tender you can cut it with a fork.
We’ve added a few things to this pot roast recipe to make it extra delicious.
A simple way to add lots of flavor is to brown the beef in the Instant Pot before sautéing the onions and celery. This helps tenderize the meat and adds lots of little brown bits to the pot that are like little flavor bombs.
We also cook everything for a while, before adding the carrots. Let’s be honest, the beef and potatoes need a lot longer cooking time than the carrots and just because you’re using a pressure cooker doesn’t mean you can’t release the pressure and add an ingredient that should cook for less time.
The last thing that helps this recipe standout is taking two cups of the cooking liquid and reducing it to create a thick, luxurious sauce.
A nice thing about this recipe is it has enough veggies that it can be served as a complete meal, especially if you have some good crusty bread around.
Instant Pot Pot Roast In Pictures
Tender & Delicious Instant Pot Pot RoastPrint Pin Recipe
- 2 1/2 lbs chuck roast
- 1 1/2 lbs fingerling potatoes, large bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp thyme, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- Prep the potatoes, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and thyme.
- In a small bowl mix the flour with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp smoked paprika, and a 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Cut the beef into large chunks and set them in a colander that has been placed in the sink. Dump in the seasoned flour and use a large spoon to mix everything up. This is an easy way to coat the beef in flour, without making a mess.
- Using the sauté setting on the Instant Pot, add a little olive oil and brown the beef in two batches.
- Once the beef is browned, take it out, add a little more olive oil and sauté the onions, celery, and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add in the red wine, 1 cup of water, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme. Use the liquid to deglaze the pot by scraping the little brown bits off the bottom.
- Add the beef and potatoes, along with 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of pepper. Stir everything, cover, and set the Instant Pot to cook under high pressure for 40 minutes using the Meat/Stew setting. (Ultra users can use the Ultra setting).
- After 40 minutes release the pressure, add in the carrots, and cook for another 10 minutes with a natural release.
- To create a luxurious sauce full of deep, delicious flavors remove 2 cups of the cooking liquid and reduce it in a small saucepan over high heat until half the liquid is gone, this usually takes around 10 minutes. This can be done at the end of the cooking process or when the carrots are added.
- Before serving, add the last 1/2 tsp of salt and mix everything up.
- To serve, place the pot roast in a bowl with some of the veggies and top with some sauce.
Check these out for more: