All it takes to make a delicious pie crust is knowing what to look for during mixing. This pie crust recipe is easy to make and works great for pies, quiches, and galettes.
Mixing the butter and flour, quickly, produces a beautifully light pie crust that adds texture to breakfast and dessert dishes. This recipe uses a food processor to make the dough and makes two standard size (8 inch) pie crusts.
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 to 5 tbsp ice cold water
- Add the flour and salt to the food processor’s bowl. Pulse one or two times.
- Cut a stick of butter into 8 pieces. Add the butter one piece at a time, pulsing a couple of times after each piece. Once the butter is incorporated, slowly add 4-5 tbsp ice cold water.
- Stop adding water when you start to see the flour mixture coming together.
- Divide the dough into two pieces, wrapping each half in plastic wrap. The dough should be chilled in the fridge for at least an hour.
- When you’re ready to bake take the dough out of the fridge and roll it out on a floured board.
- For quiche, place the dough in a pie pan and quickly bake for 5 minutes before adding egg mixture.