Thai Beef with Herbs
This Thai Beef with Herbs recipe gets its bright Thai flavors from a squeeze of lime and a handful of fresh herbs.
This is one of my favorite quick and easy dinners. It is a mixture of Thai flavors and has added brightness from a squeeze of lime and a handful of fresh herbs.
It comes together quickly and saves well as leftovers, just make sure to save the chopped herbs in a separate container, so they do not wilt when you reheat the beef.
This makes about 3 servings total (dinner for 1 + 2 lunches or dinner for 2 and a lunch). I like to serve it with Jasmine rice and stir-fried green vegetables on the side (stir-fried broccoli rabe with a touch of oyster sauce is shown above). Chinese broccoli, kale, or snap peas would all make delicious sides.
Get More Umami
Sign up to get our best recipes, cooking tips, & stories delivered to your inbox!
For more recipes like this check out Laura’s Cooking for You and Me series.
Thai Beef with HerbsPrint Pin Recipe
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium bell pepper, (yellow, red or orange preferred), diced
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lb ground beef, (~85% lean)
- 1½ tbsp fish sauce, (I particularly like Red Boat, but any Thai fish sauce would work well.)
- ¼ cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 medium limes
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tsp Thai basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp mint leaves, chopped
- Warm a large frying pan over medium to low heat. Add the vegetable oil and diced bell pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes until peppers are just starting to soften. Add garlic and salt. Cook the vegetables an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef. Cook the beef and vegetable mixture breaking up the beef until the ground beef is fully browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the fish sauce, sweet chili sauce, Sriracha, and the juice of 1½ limes in a small bowl. Once the ground beef is fully browned, mix in the sauce with the beef and cook while stirring for about a minute until the sauce is warm and evenly distributed.
- Serve beef topped with scallions, basil, cilantro, and mint.