Thai Beef with Herbs
This Thai Beef with Herbs recipe gets its bright Thai flavors from a squeeze of lime and a handful of fresh herbs.
This is one of my favorite quick and easy dinners. It is a mixture of Thai flavors and has added brightness from a squeeze of lime and a handful of fresh herbs.
It comes together quickly and saves well as leftovers, just make sure to save the chopped herbs in a separate container, so they do not wilt when you reheat the beef.
This makes about 3 servings total (dinner for 1 + 2 lunches or dinner for 2 and a lunch). I like to serve it with Jasmine rice and stir-fried green vegetables on the side (stir-fried broccoli rabe with a touch of oyster sauce is shown above). Chinese broccoli, kale, or snap peas would all make delicious sides.
For more recipes like this check out Laura’s Cooking for You and Me series.
Thai Beef with HerbsPrint Pin Recipe
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium bell pepper, (yellow, red or orange preferred), diced
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lb ground beef, (~85% lean)
- 1½ tbsp fish sauce, (I particularly like Red Boat, but any Thai fish sauce would work well.)
- ¼ cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 medium limes
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tsp Thai basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp mint leaves, chopped
- Warm a large frying pan over medium to low heat. Add the vegetable oil and diced bell pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes until peppers are just starting to soften. Add garlic and salt. Cook the vegetables an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef. Cook the beef and vegetable mixture breaking up the beef until the ground beef is fully browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the fish sauce, sweet chili sauce, Sriracha, and the juice of 1½ limes in a small bowl. Once the ground beef is fully browned, mix in the sauce with the beef and cook while stirring for about a minute until the sauce is warm and evenly distributed.
- Serve beef topped with scallions, basil, cilantro, and mint.