[adinserter name="Under Title - Ezoic 108"]
This versatile taco meat recipe is simple to make and can be used in tacos, burritos, nachos, and enchiladas.
The key to turning ground beef into delicious taco meat is making sure you build up a flavorful sauce that keeps the meat moist.
It also helps to drain off any grease that accumulates during the browning process, before adding the sauce. This keeps the tacos from turning greasy.
Taco MeatPrint Pin Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup white onion, minced
- 1 4 oz can roasted green chilis, diced
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Sauté the onion and roasted green chilis in a little oil, add in the ground beef to brown. Make sure to stir the ground beef regularly to break it into small bits.
- While the meat is browning, mix the taco sauce, water, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper together.
- Once the ground beef has finished browning, drain any extra liquid, and turn the heat down to a low simmer.
- Add in the seasonings and cook covered for 10 minutes or so, stirring occasionally, to incorporate all the flavors.