Easy, Everyday Chili
Easy, everyday chili is a simple chili recipe designed to be something you can throw together with a few simple items from around the house.
It’s the type of chili that works well when you’ve been on the run all day, it’s cold outside, and all you want to do is curl up and have something that tastes great and fills you up.
You can adjust the spiciness of the chili by changing the amount of chili powder. Use 1 tsp for not very spicy, 2 tsp for a little heat, and 3 tsp for some who like it hot.
Easy, Everyday ChiliPrint Pin Recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large white onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 16 oz cans chili beans, medium
- 1 16 oz can kidney beans
- 1 16 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasco
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp tomato paste, concentrated
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Start by mincing the garlic and dicing the onion and celery. In a large pot sauté the onion, celery, and garlic for a couple of minutes, add in the ground beef, making sure to break it up it with a spoon as it browns into small pieces.
- While the ground beef is browning drain the excess liquid from the beans, tomatoes, and green chilies.
- Once the ground beef has browned, drain off any excess fat, and add in the green chilies, beans, tomatoes, ketchup, tomato paste, Worcestershire, liquid smoke, and Tabasco.
- Then add in the chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Bring everything to a boil for a couple of minutes, then reduce heat and let the chili simmer on low for at least 30 minutes. The chili only gets betters as it simmers, so feel free to let it simmer covered for an hour or two.
- This chili is great on its own but is even tastier when it's served with some shredded cheese, chopped white onion, and sour cream.