Eggs in a Nest
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and when it comes to preparing this meal, I am usually looking for something quick and nutritious. I am an egg lover, but to be honest, I get bored with the typical ways of preparing eggs. Scrambling, frying, etc. yeah I’ve done it all, but I am constantly looking to reinvent classic recipes.
Follow this recipe for Eggs in a Nest, and hopefully, you will be inspired to eat your breakfast. Enjoy!
Eggs in a NestPrint Pin Recipe
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice whole grain bread, can substitute any type of bread
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5 grape tomatoes, sliced lengthwise (sliced avocado is also a great substitute)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil on a small frying pan and preheat your pan.
- While the pan is heating use a knife or round cookie cutter to cut a circle in your slice of bread.
- Place your slice of bread on the frying pan and heat for less than a minute (or until 1 side is golden brown). Flip the bread over onto the other side and cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Crack your egg into a separate bowl.
- Drop the egg from the bowl directly into the hole in your slice of bread on the frying pan and cook for 30 seconds.
- Flip the bread/egg combination onto the other side and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove from the frying pan and plate with sliced grape tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.