Breakfast Salad with Egg
Many people do pretty well getting fruit and vegetables into their diet every day, but if you’re like me, you’re always a few servings short. The meal of the day usually lacking vegetables is breakfast.
This super simple breakfast salad recipe is a good solution to getting a serving or two of veggies in as the day starts. I also like it because it uses up leftover veggies from dinner the night before. This recipe uses one egg, cooked anyway, served over a bed of lettuce and reheated leftover vegetables to create a healthy breakfast. You can add a light vinaigrette to the lettuce, but most of the time I find the
This recipe uses one egg, cooked anyway, served over a bed of lettuce and reheated leftover vegetables to create a healthy breakfast. You can add a light vinaigrette to the lettuce, but most of the time I find the leftover veggies add enough flavor by themselves.
Breakfast Salad with EggPrint Pin Recipe
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups torn lettuce or any leafy greens
- 1/2 to 1 cup of leftover, cooked veggies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vinaigrette, (optional)
- In a six-inch sauté pan melt the butter. Add the egg and fry or scramble it until it is done the way you like it. You can also poach the egg and heat the veggies in a separate pan. Add salt and pepper and set the egg aside.
- In the same pan add 1/2 to 1 cup of leftover vegetables. Sautéed, roasted, or blanched mushrooms, red peppers, broccoli, beans, peas, onion, or corn all work well. Cook the vegetables until they are heated through.
- On a plate, make a bed of torn lettuce (add the vinaigrette if you are using it), add the veggies, and then the egg. Serve with toast.