Tomato, Basil & Chicken Frittata
This simple frittata recipe is easy to make for a quick weekday breakfast or brunch.
Once you learn the technique for making a frittata, you can use any combination of ingredients you like.
This frittata recipe also works great for lunch and can be eaten warmed up or at room temperature.
Tomato, Basil & Chicken FrittataPrint Pin Recipe
- 6 eggs
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken, cooked, shredded
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk to combine. Melt butter in a small, 6-inch saute pan, add onions and cook on medium heat until they are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato, basil, chicken, salt, and pepper to the pan, just long enough to heat through. Taste the mixture and add more salt and pepper if needed. Remove from heat and gently mix with the eggs.
- Wipe out the saute pan and add olive oil. Heat until the oil is smoking, roll the olive oil around, so it coats the entire pan then add the egg mixture. Cook on medium heat for five minutes without stirring.
- Place into a 350℉ oven and let cook until the top is set. Remove from oven and let the frittata rest for a couple minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges of the pan and invert the frittata onto a dinner plate. Serve with a small green salad and fruit.