Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
Bruschetta is a favorite summer appetizer when fresh tomatoes and basil are plentiful. This simple Italian dish is all about fresh tomatoes and basil.
For great bruschetta make sure to use high-quality tomatoes and a good baguette. Rubbing the garlic on the bread provides a hint of garlic flavor without overpowering the tomatoes.
This Bruschetta recipe is designed as an appetizer for a cocktail party; it can easily be cut in half for smaller gatherings.
Tomato and Basil BruschettaPrint Pin Recipe
- 10 large tomatoes, , diced
- 1 cup shredded basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for brushing the bread
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 baguettes
- Maldon salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Core and dice the tomatoes and place them in a large mixing bowl. Shred the basil and add it to the tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add Maldon salt and fresh cracked pepper. Let the tomatoes sit while preparing the baguette.
- Slice the baguette on an angle into 1/4 inch thick pieces, brush with olive oil and place into a 350℉ oven until crusty, but not browned. This usually takes 5 minutes.
- While the bread is in the oven peel the garlic cloves. Once the bread is toasted, remove it from the oven and rub immediately with a garlic clove.
- Top the baguette slices with the tomato mixture and serve.