Homemade Turkey Italian Sausage
Homemade turkey Italian sausage is easy to make with ground turkey and is a healthy option for pizza, pasta dishes, and soups.
This Italian sausage recipe is a staple around our house because of its versatility. It’s easy to make ahead of time and keep in the fridge to use on homemade pizza or pasta dishes throughout the week.
It’s also easy to make while you’re throwing together the rest of dinner.
This turkey sausage recipe is full of flavor without a lot of heat. If you want a hotter Italian sausage, increase the amount of red pepper to 1/2 or 3/4 tsp.
A few of our favorite ways to use this Italian sausage are to make homemade pizzas with this Tomato Sauce and Pizza Dough recipe. It’s also delicious in the Tuscan White Bean Soup and the star of a scrumptious Italian Lentil Soup.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix the oregano, fennel seed, marjoram, red pepper, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper together.
- In a small bowl mix the spices with the ground turkey, using a spoon or your hands, make sure the spices are well distributed throughout the turkey.
- The sausage can be formed into patties or browned in a sauté pan. It also could be stuffed into casings and cooked on the grill.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate based on available ingredients and preparation.
Find more recipes, tips, and ideas about these techniques, ingredients, and cuisines.
- Fennel Seed
- Italian Sausage
Originally Published on November 10, 2016
Leave a Reply