Homemade Turkey Italian Sausage
Homemade Italian sausage is easy to make with ground turkey and is a healthy option for pizza, pasta dishes, and soups.
This Italian sausage recipe is a staple around our house, because of its versatility. It’s easy to make ahead of time and keep in the fridge to use on homemade pizza or pasta dishes throughout the week. It’s also easy to make while you’re throwing together the rest of dinner.
This sausage recipe is full of flavor without a lot of heat. If you want a hotter Italian sausage increase the amount of red pepper to 1/2 or 3/4 tsp. Some of our favorite dishes to use it in are French Bread Pizza and Italian Lentil Soup.
Homemade Turkey Italian SausagePrint Pin Recipe
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix the oregano, fennel seed, marjoram, red pepper, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper together.
- In a small bowl mix the spices with the ground turkey, using a spoon or your hands, make sure the spices are well distributed throughout the turkey.
- The sausage can be formed into patties or browned in a sauté pan. It also could be stuffed into casings and cooked on the grill.