Roasted Carrots with Rosemary and Fennel
Roasting carrots with rosemary, thyme, and fennel is a great way to compliment the carrots’ earthy goodness and create a healthy, delicious dish.
What makes this roasted carrot recipe work is how the olive oil and lemon juice come together to create a light sauce that highlights the flavors in the fresh herbs and spices while helping the carrots cook up nice and juicy.
Roasted Carrots with Rosemary and FennelPrint Pin Recipe
- 3 cups carrots, diced
- 1 cup fennel, diced
- 1/2 tbsp rosemary, minced
- 1/2 tbsp thyme, minced
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 ground cumin
- Peel the carrots and cut them into bite sized pieces. Finely dice the fennel.
- Mince the rosemary, thyme, and garlic and combine them with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, brown sugar, and cumin. Mix the carrots and fennel with the olive oil mixture in a medium bowl.
- Once everything is mixed together roast the carrots in a baking dish at 350℉ for 25 to 30 minutes, making sure to stir them halfway through. The carrots should be cooked all the way through, but still, have a little crunch.
- To finish the carrots pour them back into the bowl where they were mixed with the olive oil and spices, add a pinch of salt, and a fresh grind or two of pepper and give everything a good stir.
- The reason for finishing the carrots in the bowl is the leftover olive oil and spices season the carrots again, which helps brighten up their flavors after the heat from the oven.
Check these out for more: