Rosemary and Thyme Roasted Chicken Breast
This roasted chicken breast recipe is one of our favorite ways to cook chicken in the oven
Fresh rosemary and thyme mixed with garlic and a little olive oil bring this succulent roasted chicken breast recipe to life.
Eating a well-roasted chicken is one of life’s simple pleasures and is a lot easier to make than you might think.
How to Roast a Chicken Breast in the Oven
There are a couple of things that help this roasted rosemary chicken breast recipe stand out.
The first is cooking it in a 400℉ oven rather than the normal 350℉ helps to crisp up the skin on the outside and produces a more full-flavored bird.
The second is using fresh herbs, which provide a lot more flavor than dried herbs.
The three most important things to do when your roasting chicken breasts in the oven are to use a fat and an acid, season liberally, and don’t overcook the chicken.
This herb baked chicken breast works great as a centerpiece to build dinners around.
- 2 chicken breasts, bone-in, skin-on
- 1 1/2 tbsp rosemary
- 1 1/2 tbsp thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt for the chicken
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt for brine
- To start, we’re going to brine the chicken, which helps to make sure it’s nice and juicy. To make the brine mix 1 tbsp of salt with two cups of water in a bowl big enough to hold the chicken and the water. Drop the chicken in, making sure it’s completely submerged, for at least 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is brining prepare the herb mixture by finely mincing the rosemary, thyme, and garlic. Make sure to use fresh rosemary and thyme for this recipe; using fresh herbs makes a big difference in how the dish tastes. Mix the herbs and garlic together with the salt, pepper, and olive oil to form a paste.
- When the chicken has finished brining, take it out of the water, and pat dry with a paper towel. Spread the herb mixture over the whole chicken, making sure to get some under the skin.
- Roast the chicken in a baking dish at 400℉ for 32 to 36 minutes. The chicken is done when it is firm to the touch and cooked to 165℉. When you take it out of the oven cover it with foil and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.