Rosemary and Thyme Roasted Chicken Breast
[adinserter name="Under Title - Ezoic 108"]
Fresh rosemary and thyme mixed with garlic and a little olive oil bring this succulent roast chicken recipe to life. Eating a well-roasted chicken is one of life’s simple pleasures and is a lot easier to make than you might think.
There are a couple of things that help this roast chicken recipe stand out. The first is cooking it in a 400℉ oven rather than the normal 350℉ helps to crisp up the skin on the outside and produces a more full-flavored bird. The second is using fresh herbs, which provide a lot more flavor than dried herbs.
This roast chicken works great as a centerpiece to build dinners around. If you want to cook a special dinner try this recipe along with our Savory Pancetta and Leek Bread Pudding or Roasted Rosemary Red Potatoes.
Rosemary and Thyme Roasted Chicken BreastPrint Pin Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts, bone-in, skin-on
- 1 1/2 tbsp rosemary
- 1 1/2 tbsp thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt for the chicken
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt for brine
- To start, we're going to brine the chicken, which helps to make sure it's nice and juicy. To make the brine mix 1 tbsp of salt with two cups of water in a bowl big enough to hold the chicken and the water. Drop the chicken in, making sure it's completely submerged, for at least 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is brining prepare the herb mixture by finely mincing the rosemary, thyme, and garlic. Make sure to use fresh rosemary and thyme for this recipe; using fresh herbs makes a big difference in how the dish tastes. Mix the herbs and garlic together with the salt, pepper, and olive oil to form a paste.
- When the chicken has finished brining, take it out of the water, and pat dry with a paper towel. Spread the herb mixture over the whole chicken, making sure to get some under the skin.
- Roast the chicken in a baking dish at 400℉ for 32 to 36 minutes. The chicken is done when it is firm to the touch and cooked to 165℉. When you take it out of the oven cover it with foil and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.