Sautéed Rainbow Chard
This sauteed chard recipe uses a touch of vinegar and lemon juice brighten up this delicious side dish.
- 1 bunch rainbow chard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/8 cup red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Start by washing and drying the chard. Cut the stems off and rough cut the leaves as a bunch into bite sized pieces. Finely dice the red onion and garlic.
- Put the olive oil and butter in large sauté pan set on medium-high heat. Once the oil and butter are warm, sauté the onion and garlic for a minute or so before adding the chard leaves to the pan.
- Use tongs to move the chard around, so it cooks evenly. Add the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cumin, making sure to keep everything moving in the pan.
- Cook everything for three to five minutes. You want the leaves to start cooking down, but not to the point where they've lost all their body. The leaves should taste tender. Season to taste and serve with just about anything.
If you want to cook the stems, you should cook them for three or four minutes before adding the leaves to the mixture.
Hungry for More?Follow us @umami_site