To make delicious grilled asparagus all you need is a little olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, and garlic. This recipe uses the grill to add a little char that highlights the asparagus’ natural flavors.
A good tip when cooking asparagus is to take one stalk and bend the end until it snaps off. Snapping asparagus this way shows where to cut the rest of the bunch off, so you can get rid of the ends, which can be tough and fibrous, especially in larger stocks. This does not need to be on small tender stalks.
Using a grill pan when grilling asparagus helps reduce the number of stalks that fall through the grate. Try serving this asparagus recipe with Pan Fried Trout with Lemon and Capers or Roasted Greek Chicken.
Get More Umami
Sign up to get our best recipes, cooking tips, & stories delivered to your inbox!
Grilled AsparagusPrint Pin Recipe
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Wash the asparagus and cut off the ends. Mince the garlic and mix it in a small bowl with the olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt.
- In a small pan coat the asparagus with the lemon juice mixture and let it marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cook the asparagus on a medium high grill for 5 to 10 minutes, turning the asparagus half way through to make sure it cooks evenly.
- Grill the asparagus until it is cooked all the way through, but not for so long that it is limp and sad.
- When the asparagus has finished grilling throw it back in the pan with the marinade and mix it with the remaining marinade before serving. This helps brighten up the flavors.