Sriracha Laced Brussels Sprouts
This kick-ass Brussels sprouts recipe gets its spicy flavor from spending time in a Sriracha-laced bath. This is a great dish to serve when you’re looking for a veggie side dish that can stand up for itself.
This is an easy dish to adjust the heat on depending on your taste. If you like everything really mild use 1 tbsp of Sriracha if you like your food blistering hot use 2 tbsp of Sriracha.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 oz creamy goat cheese
- Start by washing the Brussels sprouts and then cutting the base off and quartering them.
- Mix the Sriracha, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and brown sugar together. Pour this mixture over the Brussels sprouts and mix everything up to make sure all the sprouts are coated. Let everything soak together for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When you’re cutting the shallots up, cut them across the grain to form little shallot rings, then cut these in half. Mince the garlic.
- Using a pan large enough to cook the Brussels sprouts sauté the garlic and shallots in the olive oil and butter on high heat. You’ll want to get some caramelization going here.
- Once you get some caramelization going on the shallots add the Brussels sprouts to the pan and cook on high heat for a couple of minutes. Turn the heat down to medium high and stir the pan every few minutes to keep everything from burning.
- Once the sprouts have finished cooking, which usually takes 8 to 12 minutes, add the salt and pepper and serve with a nice creamy goat cheese.