Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes
For a sweet treat, bake up a batch of rich, gooey, decadent chocolate lava cakes
Chocolate molten lava cakes are a dessert that is easy to make and a great way to finish off a romantic dinner at home or make a crowd of chocolate lovers very happy.
These little chocolate cakes are easy to make, have a rich chocolate flavor, and are so sophisticated looking that no one will ever suspect they only took 25 minutes to make and are baked in cupcake tins.
The secret to this chocolate lava cake recipe is how the rich flavors from the Kalhua mingle with the chocolate to create decedent gooey cakes.
The most important thing to pay attention to while you’re making this recipe is the cooking time. If the cakes don’t bake long enough they’ll end up runny, bake them too long and they’ll be solid all the way through.
This recipe will make either 6 jumbo or 12 regular-sized servings. For more recipes like this check out our special chocolate section.
- 8 ounces high-quality dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tbsp Kahlua liqueur
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup confectioner sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Butter the insides of each cupcake mold.
- Chop chocolate and place in microwavable dish. Add butter and cream. Microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted. Add Kahlua and stir until smooth.
- Allow mixture to cool to room temperature, add the eggs and egg yolks and stir. Sift sugar and flour into a large bowl. Stir in the chocolate mixture until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into each cupcake mold until ¾ full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the sides and top have formed a shell while the centers remain gooey.
- Cool for a few minutes before removing cakes by flipping the pan upside down on a platter. Dust cakes with sifted confectioner’s sugar and serve while still warm.
- For an even more decadent dessert, serve the lava cakes with fresh whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla bean ice-cream.
Check these out for more: