Egg Pasta with Spinach, Mushrooms, and Tarragon-Mustard Cream Sauce
This easy vegetarian recipe combines mushrooms, spinach, and shallots with egg pasta and a creamy tarragon mustard sauce.
Tarragon is an underappreciated herb that has a distinctive and delicious flavor. In this recipe, tarragon is paired with egg pasta, earthy vegetables, and a mustard cream sauce. This dish is perfect for spring or anytime you wish it was spring, with a balance of comfort food and fresh flavors.
This pasta recipe comes together quickly, so it is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a weekend lunch.
Egg Pasta with Spinach, Mushrooms, and Tarragon-Mustard Cream SaucePrint SaveSaved! Pin
- 1 tbsp . olive oil
- 1 tbsp . butter
- 12 oz . cremini mushrooms, , sliced
- 2 small shallots, , finely diced
- 1 tsp . salt
- 8 oz baby spinach
- 1/3 cup white vermouth
- 1 tsp . tarragon, , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp . whole grain mustard
- 1/3 cup cream
- 8 oz . egg pasta, (pappardelle or other flat egg noodle)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter, then sliced mushrooms and diced shallots. Cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned.
- Add salt and baby spinach, cook and stir for a minute or two until leaves are wilted. Then add vermouth and let the liquid reduce for 2-3 minutes. Add tarragon, mustard, and cream.
- Meanwhile, cook egg pasta in salted water according to package directions. When pasta is al dente, reserve a couple tablespoons of cooking water, and drain. Be careful not to overcook the pasta, since it will continue to cook a bit in the sauce.
- Add cooking water and pasta to the vegetables and cream sauce. Stir together and cook for a minute or so.