Grilled Lamb Chops
For grilled lamb chops that are juicy and delicious, use a little smoked paprika, roasted garlic, and a squirt of lemon juice to brighten up the lamb’s natural flavors.
One of the biggest challenges to grilling lamb chops is making sure you don’t end up with small lamb flavored charcoal briquettes from flare ups. We like to use a three burner approach where the middle burner is set on low or is off, and the two outside burners are set on medium. This approach takes a little longer but turns out lamb chops cooked evenly all the way through.
- 1 lb lamb chops
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp roasted garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Start by combining the smoked paprika, roasted garlic powder, salt, and pepper into a spice rub.
- Apply the rub to the chops, making sure to get the spice rub all over the lamb chops.
- Using the three burner method, described above, grill the lamb chops on medium to low heat for 6 to 8 minutes a side.
- When the chops have finished cooking, take them off the grill, cover them with foil, and let them rest for three to four minutes.
- Right before you serve the lamb chops, squeeze a little lemon over the top.