Better Than Sex CakeTHE ONLY WAY WE KNOW TO GET ENOUGH OF THIS SINFUL, DELICIOUS, DECADENT, CHOCOLATE FILLED, SLIGHTLY OVER-THE-TOP BETTER THAN SEX CAKE IS TO HAVE A FEW FRIENDS OVER AND MAKE SOME MORE
Better than Sex Cake is a sinful dessert with questionable intentions that gets to know you with a little devil’s food cake, pours on the caramel, and finishes everything off with a little whip cream.
For this recipe, you can make your own devil’s food cake from scratch or use a box mix.
A few tips when you’re making this cake recipe. It helps to pause every now and then when pouring the caramel sauce on to let it soak into the cake. If you don’t pause it tends to run towards the sides.
The cake is much better if you use real whipped cream instead of the fake stuff that lives in the freezer and is basically the scourage of all that is good in the world.
This recipe can be made ahead of time, the cake is at its best a couple of hours after the caramel and condensed milk have had a chance to soak in. The finished cake should be stored in the fridge and will keep for a couple of days. It might last longer than that but we’ve never been able to keep one around more than two days.
Whether or not the cake lives up to its name is for you to decide, but for your sake, we hope it doesn’t.
Better Than Sex CakePrint Pin Recipe
- 1 devil's food cake, box mix
- 8 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 6 oz caramel topping
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 ounces toffee bars, crumbled
- Make the devil's food cake in a 9 by 13-inch pan according to the instructions on the box.
- Warm the sweet and condensed milk and caramel topping in a small saucepan on a low simmer until it has warmed through.
- While the cake is still warm, poke holes across the top of the cake, using a chopstick or anything else you have that makes small holes.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the top, drizzling the sauce into the holes, making sure it soaks deep into the cake.
- Cover the cake and put it into the fridge to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the cake has finished cooling, make the whipped cream by whipping the heavy cream and sugar until it forms soft peaks.
- Spread the whipped cream on the cake and sprinkle the crumbled toffee bars on top.