Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
Crispy hashbrowns and cheesy goodness come together to create this tasty cheesy hash brown casserole.
What makes this recipe so delicious is the combination of cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, just the right spices, a little onion, and a lot of delicious cheese. Because if you’re going to make cheesy hashbrowns, you should go all out and make delicious ones.
A simple way to keep the hashbrowns from drying out in the oven is to cover them in foil until right before the end of their cooking time. Then take off the foil to let the cheese brown on top.
An easy way to transport dishes like this is to pick up a Pyrex 4 Piece Storage Set. What we love about this set is it comes with a snap on lid that makes it easy to store dishes in the fridge and it comes with a handy insulated carrying case that has handled, which make it easy to carry when you’re bringing food to a friend’s house.
If for some reason you end up with leftovers use the hashbrowns to make these sandwiches.
Cheesy Hash Brown CasserolePrint Pin Recipe
- 2 lbs hash browns
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz sour cream
- 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Start by finely dicing the onion and cutting the butter into small pieces. Mix the onion and butter with the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, along with 1 cup of cheese.
- Mix everything with the shredded potatoes and top with 2 cups of cheese in a greased 9 by 13 pan.
- Cover the hash browns with aluminum foil and bake in a 350℉ oven for 40 minutes, take the foil off and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese starts to brown on the top.
- The hash browns can be served straight from the pan or can be covered to rest for a while.
Check these out for more: