Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
Crispy hash browns and cheesy goodness come together to create a scrumptious cheesy hash brown casserole.
What makes this Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole recipe so delicious is the combination of cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, just the right spices, a little onion, and a lot of delicious cheese. Because if you’re going to make cheesy hash browns, you should go all out and make delicious cheesy hash browns.
This cheesy hash brown recipe is a great side dish that works really well with a good ham, roast chicken, or just about anything else.
Get More Umami
Sign up to get our best recipes, cooking tips, & stories delivered to your inbox!
Cheesy Hash Brown CasserolePrint Pin Recipe
- 2 lbs hash browns
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz sour cream
- 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Start by finely dicing the onion and cutting the butter into small pieces. Mix the onion and butter with the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, along with 1 cup of cheese.
- Mix everything with the shredded potatoes and top with 2 cups of cheese in a greased 9 by 13 pan.
- Cover the hash browns with aluminum foil and bake in a 350℉ oven for 40 minutes, take the foil off and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese starts to brown on the top.
- The hash browns can be served straight from the pan or can be covered to rest for a while.